Leanne could not be better! She was always encouraging and positive and she related to me perfectly.
Why are Falls Prevention Programmes important?
Recent Evidence summarised by Age UK has shown that falls and fractures in people over 65 make up for over 4 million hospital bed days in England alone and the healthcare cost for fractures associated is approximately £2 billion per year. After a fall an older person has a 50% probability of having significantly reduced mobility and makes them feel more vulnerable and less independent. 1 in 10 people who fall become afraid to leave their homes in case they fall again.
A falls prevention programme tailored to the individual person can reduce falls by approximately 54%. The programme helps to address any hazards in the home, related medical problems and increase strength, mobility, flexibility, coordination and balance. Evidence states that a minimum of 50 hours of exercise over a period of time such as 6 months should be advised with the 50 hours being made up of 2-3 sessions a week with your physio and on your own with your family or carer.
Why choose our Falls Prevention Programme?
- we offer 3 different levels of programme
- tailored to the individual rather than generalised programme
- carried out in the individuals home or care home
- we work closely with carers and family members to ensure carry over of the exercises between physio sessions
- we progress the exercises to ensure continued improvement
- one to one sessions enable us to challenge you
- practice of getting up from from the floor safely (as if had a fall)
What do our Falls Prevention Programme include?
We offer 3 types of programme. All programmes include the following:
- Initial Appointment - a home hazard check and hazards removed, medical history taking, assessment of your flexibility, strength, coordination, balance and mobility. After the assessment you will be provided a starting set of exercises tailored to your needs.
- Exercise equipment kit - includes ankle weight, 3 exercise bands, balance cushion and exercise ball
- Printed out exercise programme with pictures - updated version provided after each follow up session
- Referral onto one of our Occupational Therapists if home adaptations required
- Report writing to your GP if medical related problems need to be addressed
- Follow up sessions (45 mins each) which aim to check and progress exercises as appropriate
Basic Programme - Initial Appointment and 5 follow ups over course of 6 months - £539.99 (inc.exercise kit)
Intermediate Programme - Initial Appointment and 10 follow ups over course of 6 months - £945.99 (inc. exercise kit)
Advanced Programme - Initial Appointment and 20 follow ups over course of 6 months - £1754.99 (inc. exercise kit)
To find out more on Falls Prevention, please read our blog posts:
Please contact us via:
email - firstname.lastname@example.org