Get Rid of Stress Once and for All!
We all have the stresses and strains of every day life whether that is work, family life or financial stresses. But did you know that stress causes physical pain? Symptoms such as headaches/migraines, back ache, muscle tension/cramps, neck ache or tooth/jaw pain can lead to psycho-social behaviour such as increased consumption of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes, over eating or loss of appetite.
Stress can also affect our emotional and mental well being and result in fatigue, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, emotional outbursts, fear and panic attacks. Making time for relaxation is therefore paramount.
Here are a few hints and tips to help you de-stress:
- If work is stressing you out, talk to your boss about your workload and see if they can help in any way.
- Ensure that you take regular breaks from sitting at your desk and drink lots of water.
- If home or finances are causing you stress, speak to someone about it, letting other people know that you’re not coping can really help lighten the load.
- Try and make time for you, whether that’s taking a walk at lunchtime, going to the gym or just having some ‘you’ time
- Exercise can help enormously with reducing stress and physical pain
- Deep breathing exercises: not breathing in the correct way can cause and aggravate issues around the neck
- Ensure that you eat well and regularly. Blood sugar levels can drop if you don’t, which in turn can make you feel anxious and more likely to experience stress
Physiotherapy can help by advising on your workstation environment, relaxation technique and as well use acupuncture and massage to address those tight painful muscles or joints. Your physio can also prescribe a suitable exercise program and instruct you in breathing exercises.
Our physios at Physiocomestoyou can also visit you at your home or workplace saving you the time and stress of travel. To book an appointment, contact us today on 0207 884 0374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.